Millennials probably have no clue what we went through at the beginning of the 90s when we needed a bank transfer or just opened a bank account. Waiting with many documents in our arms in a crowded queue was something that nobody could run away from.
Since the entire banking system was cluttered and relied on phone confirmations, a week duration for an international money transfer was a blessing. When we compare today’s online banking services, it was just some steps forward from the family bank of Medicis in the early 15th century back then.
Beginning Of A New Era When The Internet Knocks On The Door
Nowadays, thanks to mobile banking, all the transactions are on the tip of our fingers. None of us must wait for hours to create an account in a suffocating bank branch. In contrast, we need to go online in our applications to pay our bills, transfer/receive money internationally in minutes, or change our residential address. The comprehensive digital banking services will provide you with comfort and convenience. Not needing to be there physically is priceless.
However, besides all the advantages, it is not all sunshine and roses when it comes to secure online banking. Sadly, cybercrime attacks and leaks have increased rapidly along with the expansion of usage of banking services on the internet. Malicious attacks have hit even the massive companies providing operating systems for millions of people worldwide, and hundreds of users’ private photos, including celebrities, went public.
Is Online Banking Safe?
When we think of the details we insert into our account, it would not be inaccurate to say that online banking security is essential no matter how considerable your amount is. Even to open a simple account, we handle our full name, date of birth, residential address, tax numeral, and photocopies of IDs or passports. These are highly personal information which can evolve into a nightmare scenario in the hands of hazardous people.
Most banks take grave precautions to keep the clients’ personal and financial data secure and hidden from any potential dangers. Some of these safe online banking measures are:
- Fingerprint Scanning: Instead of passwords, or together with passwords, secure mobile banking apps will give you access via your biometric data, such as fingerprint or face recognition techs.
- A paired device: To use your application on a smart device, you will pass through a reliable pairing process. Thus, the app can not be installed into an unpaired one.
- Two-factor authentication: Clients must insert a password or verify themselves via their biometric data as the legitimate account holder.
- OTP (One-Time-Password): (aka authorisation code or dynamic password) This is a generated numeric or alphanumeric string of characters that a user must enter for a login session or single transaction.
- Push-notifications: You will receive instant notifications for every movement in your account. Plus, through the transaction history, you can also review previous cash flow.
- 3D Secure: In this step, the application will ask you to authorise the online subject payment before they are processed. This way, you will realise and block any fraudulent activity before it happens.
- Card locking in the mobile application: If you have seen an unexpected transfer or your wallet is stolen, it is attainable to lock your card or change your PIN code in the blink of an eye.
Jeton Wallet Is Trustworthy!
Our reliable digital wallet, Jeton Wallet, takes all essential precautions to keep your data away from any malicious activity. Through our professional team specialised in cyber security, we provide the highest encryption protocols, the most robust anti-virus blocks, and impassable firewalls.
Create your Jeton account today for a secure and smooth digital banking experience to ease your finances, whether you are an individual or a business owner. Together, we are stronger!